Meet Ceco Florida’s new Senior Regional Safety Manager, Matt Gregory. He comes to us with 17 years of experience working in the industrial aerospace, construction and military construction sectors. Previously, Matt was the manager of construction management and environmental health and safety (EHS) at ConEdison Solutions.
“I’m honored to join the Ceco team,” says Matt. “The challenges ahead are exciting, and I look forward to partnering with the Florida team in their ongoing effort to protect workers while producing quality structures.”
Let’s learn about Matt and his approach to safety management:
1. What is the object of your new position? My objective is to elevate the Ceco Florida region’s safety accountability through process improvements and attention to detail. Let’s make sure our team is “brilliant on the basics” while supporting the region’s front-line leadership.
2. What vision do you bring to this role? To see each level of leadership take true ownership of their role in the safety effort and become a proactive partner in the safety management process.
3. What personal expertise do you bring to your job? I am a subject matter expert on the control of hazardous energy, business continuity/disaster response and general construction safety standards.
4. What is your safety philosophy? The role of the safety professional is to coach and guide field teams in their efforts to execute their projects safely and efficiently. Safety professionals are to be firm in their adherence to standards while partnering with operational leaders to find the tools needed to meet or exceed those standards.
5. What hobbies do you enjoy? Working on old cars is my passion. My current projects include a 1930 Model A Rat Rod, a 1966 Mustang and a 1969 Camaro.