At Ceco, we are proud to have company leaders like Tom Wood, who embarked on a journey of professional growth with us that allowed him to move up the ranks of senior management. Tom began his career at Ceco in 2001 as a Senior Project Manager and eventually became our Southeast Regional Manager. In January 2020, he was promoted to Vice President – East Operations.
Tom holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from The Citadel (The Military College of South Carolina) and is a certified general contractor in the State of Florida. He enjoys developing client relationships and shares his favorite memory of helping a client on a project in this video.
1. What is the objective of your new position? Incrementally grow the scope of services to fulfill the needs of Ceco’s clients in our Eastern Operation locations. Additionally, improve efficiency and effectiveness to provide exceptional client results.
2. What vision do you bring to this role? Practice servant leadership to support and mentor our team members and help them achieve their individual career goals.
3. What personal expertise do you bring to your job? During my nearly 20-year tenure with Ceco, I have been blessed with the opportunity to work on countless large-scale, fast-paced and logistically challenged projects. I also have been fortunate to work with some amazing people who mentored me and imparted their wisdom to me. These amazing people have empowered me to embody Ceco’s culture and draw from elements of our company’s 108-year history to build strong teams that are motivated to exceed customer expectations, grow professionally and meet the needs of the organization.
4. How do you describe your role or process to the external—clients, owners, potential employees, etc.? I use my experience and personal expertise to help our teams provide creative and innovative win-win solutions for Ceco and our clients. Also, over the years I have built and cultivated many professional relationships with designers, contractors, major material suppliers and subcontractors. These valued relationships help ensure Ceco can deliver desired results for our clients.
5. What hobbies do you enjoy? Playing basketball and golf, and spending time with my lovely wife and three kids.
6. Do you have any hidden talents? In college, I was a kicker for The Citadel Bulldogs football team.